Yesterday was not a good day to make cinnamon buns. How many things can go wrong when you are trying to make cinnamon buns?! For me, quite a lot.
Disaster #1 – Put in half a cup of sugar instead of a quarter cup. Ended up trying to remove some of the sugar from the mixture of flour, salt and yeast…
Disaster #2 – Put in half a cup of water instead of a quarter cup. Using the same measuring cup! How did I just not remember that I was using the half cup to measure instead of the quarter cup? Reason #1: I’m used to using the quarter cup to measure things. Reason #2: I just lost my mind. Not in the baking mode yesterday… I couldn’t fix this as there was no way to remove the water!
DIsaster #3 – Ran out of flour! Already I needed to add more flour than usual because I added too much water. Running out of flour was not good. I had to quickly get flour so I can salvage the dough before it’s too late! Good thing there was flour at the provision store on the ground floor…
Disaster #4 – Zapped the butter for the cinnamon spread too long. It was supposed to be softened butter, not melted… Put it back in the freezer for a minute to harden a litle.
Disaster #5 – Now the buns are baked and I was going to drizzle some glaze over them. Ran out of icing sugar!!! Could only drizzle a little glaze over each bun. I guess that should be ok considering I put in too much sugar in the buns in the first place!
I guess yesterday was just not a good day to make cinnamon buns… Or maybe it was just lack of planning ahead! Hence the depleting of various ingredients. I had wanted to make oatmeal raisin cookies. But I didn’t have chocolate chips at home. I guess if I had thought of baking earlier in the week, I could have gotten everything I needed when we went grocery shopping on Monday! Then again, I may not have gotten what I needed since I don’t always keep track of what we have run out of at home! Shopping list shopping list, I need to keep up with updating the shopping list everytime we run out of something!
Here is the picture of the final product. It did turn out ok in the end… except for the shape, had some trouble getting them in good shape! 🙂